So I am terribly excited. I just received the information from our head girl about my Spoiler and Spoilee. I'm so ready to go shopping. I've got tons of ideas as to what I'm going to make/get. I was all set to go out today and start shopping today but I'm expecting an owl with a rather large package that I'd rather not let sit unattended for too long. So here I sit, knitting in the Snake Pit waiting for Kismet, my owl, to bring the post. I do wish he would arrive.
For once my carrying my knitting around has done me some good. I've been looking for a good LYS and been having no luck at all. So I happened to have my work out the other day when a local lady asked me what I was knitting. I told her and she asked if I'd heard about Ravelry (of course) and then if I knew about a place down the road. I was all ready to go down there today and of course I can't. :( Of course I'm excited now that I know who my trading partner is. I can't wait to get started on her package. I'll probably be sewing something as the main "handmade" part of my package because I simply love to sew, plus I can't knit very fast yet. Since I want to have my handmade part done in time to get the points for Slytherin House it'll be best to sew. On top of that there are simply some things that I just can't do knitting yet. I want a great pacakge, not an amature knit gift... that's just not me. :D
I hope to hear back from her soon. I sent her a message asking all sorts of questions.
Well back to my first foray into cable knitting. :D
With a locked heart,
Diana
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment