I'm thoroughly disappointed by my LYS, I went looking for some Slytherin green for my hat in a chunky yarn instead of a worsted weight. Well the couple of local big chain stores that I went to seemed to only have worsted weight. I was needless to say crushed, so I checked a little out of the way store that I'd never been to before. First, it was terribly crowded and cluttered. There was barely space to walk in. Second, the horrid woman who showed the location of the yarn too me then proceeded to "check" on me every couple minutes asking if I found anything I liked. Third, everything was terribly over priced. A skein of basic Lyon brand worsted weight was almost $7, I pay FAR less than that at the big store and I don't feel like everytime I touch something it's going to come pouring down on my head. I did find some beautiful merino but it was a small skein (about 200 yards) and they had it marked $20. I'd rather make my own.
So I finally found a skein to make my Slytherin hat from. I figure if the Sorting Hat isn't going to follow my wishes and put me in Ravenclaw where I think I belonged. I guess I'll accept it and use it to my advantage. I'm terribly surprised at the placement based on my association with my Muggle. Especially considering that when we get married our children will be of mixed blood.
I've been making friends in the Snake Pit. I'm excited to begin the swap, I can't wait to see who my swap partner is going to be. I keep seeing tons of fun things that I'd love to buy but I don't know which house they're gonna be in so I don't know what color to buy it in. I've got all sorts of yarn picked out in just about every house color. I've found some great patterns that I want to share. I'm so excited I just can't wait.
I'm off to make dinner.
With a locked heart,
Diana
8 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment