Saturday, January 3, 2009

So it begins.

As fate would have it I ran across this lovely little site the otherday and decided that it was a perfect opportunity to stretch my newly acquired knitting talents in this themed swap. I've always been a fan of Harry Potter and a chance to exercise my rarely used writing talents to exercise my creativity, so here goes a little stretching of that old writing muscle.

So yes, you read that right, Lockhart. Yes, that Lockhart. He's my Uncle; not that he remembers us, but he's still my uncle. So Uncle Gil always told us his stories about teaching at Hogwarts and so I wanted to go ever ever since I heard his first story. Once I was old enough I made sure that I'd done everything I could to be accepted. When my own came bringing my letter, I almost cried.

So a little bit about myself. I'm a Ravenclaw, wit beyond measure and all. I've always been a bit crafty, Uncle Gil always said that it took someone very clever to be able to make some of the things I do. He must have been right. Then again Uncle Gil aways thought he was right, even when he was wrong. I started making my own clothes when I had a hard time finding things that fit me well, I crocheted almost constantly, but I discovered I was soon limited to what I wanted to make with crocheting, so I taught myself how to knit. Yes, I taught myself. Just me an a set of needles and some pictures on the Muggle computer and a few frustrating hours later I was knitting. Nothing fancy, just straight lines, but I soon challenged myself to a set of double points and after a few hours of wrestling with the four needles I was flying.

So even though I've sewed for years and crocheted for just about as long, I think I might enjoy knitting the most. It's a thing ofbeauty to see something come together on a set of double points. I think my next challenge might be to tackle a pair of socks. I'm going to try to do it without using my wand. :)

So until I get more time to write more.

With a locked heart,
Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment